Monday 19 April 2010

Four Eyes and Stolen Spotify

Hello lovely people,
I am writing this to the dulcet tones of Will Young having sucessfully hacked into my Mum's Spotify account. Since I'm too cheap to fork out for Premium, and don't know any kind soul who can invite me, I am having to share the magical music treasure trove with my Mum and my Sister. It works out brilliantly actually, because they both have absolutely fantastic and bizarre music tastes, here is a taste of the playlist I am currently listening to, entitled "Soph's Hot Choons"

-Lionel Richie, Hello
-Missy Eliot, Get Ur Freak On
-The Velvet Underground, Venus in Furs
-Chas n Dave, Rabbit
-Gene, Fighting Fit
-Simply Red, Holding Back the Years
-Skream, In for The Kill

Pretty groovy, I'm sure you'll agree. I'm also adjust to life as a glasses wearer, since my eyes have decided that after 20 years of loyal service, they want to be shaped like rugby balls (it's called stigmatism apparently), and give me gip when I read. So I have glasses that make me look like a cross between Supernanny and a David Tennant shaped Doctor. What a glorious image for you.

Anyway, today's prcrastination and narcissim comes from the Guardian. As you may know, in their Weekend magazine they have a section with set questions which a different person answers every week. I thought it would be a jolly wheeze if I did it.

Q:When were you happiest?
A: By a big bonfire in Venezuela...or most recently, on a sofa in Oxford

Q:What is your greatest fear?
A: The dark, and not being there for the people I love

Q:What is your earliest memory?
A: Sitting next to my sister, eating cheese, watching the delivery men pack up our stuff as we moved house, from Rotheram to Grantham.

Q:Which living person do you most admire, and why?
A: I feel I should say some human rights activist, or a revolutionary politician, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's Lady Gaga. Because she lives purely for the aesthetic, and makes groovy music

Q:What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
A:Vindictivness

Q:What is the trait you most deplore in others?
A:Being narrow minded

Q:What was your most embarrassing moment?
A: Crying at breakfast and having to be looked after by the dinner lady during Freshers Week.

Q:Property aside, what's the most expensive thing you've bought?
A: Not sure, it's fair to say that a large part of my income is somewhere in a Topshop cash register. Or the flights to Venezuela.

Q:What would your super power be?
A:Super healing powers. I'd be able to cure cancer with a hug. Ewwww, that sounds so saccharine, but it'd be more useful that Batman. What does he do? Just speaks in a gravelly voice and swoops around in a cape like a fool.

Q:What makes you unhappy?
A: Cruelty. And the 10 o clock news.

Q:If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose?
A: Wooly Mammoths. They looked like fun

Q;Who would play you in the film of your life?
A: Mickey Rourke in drag? A well trained labrador?

Q:What is your most unappealing habit?
A: Having "stupid attacks"- basically a very unique freak out.

Q:What is the worst thing anyone's said to you?
A: If someone was saying something bad about you, would you want me to tell you?

Q:What is your guiltiest pleasure?
A: Rocky Horror.

Q:What do you owe your parents?
A: A LOT of money, a brilliant childhood, and strong Northern genes.

Q:What does love feel like?
A: Warm

Q:Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
A:Groovy

Q:What is the worst job you've done?
A: I tried to do my sister's hair on her prom night. It didn't go well.

Q:What has been your biggest disappointment?
A: Not getting into the NME tour in 2003 (Maximo Park, Arctic Monkeys, We Are Scientists, Mystery Jets) due to it being over 18 only. It still hurts.

Q:If you could go back in time, where would you go?
A: End of the Nineteenth and beginning of the Twentieth Century. I'd try and hang out with the Bloomsbury Group.

Q:How do you relax?
A: Youtube

Q:What is the closest you've come to death?
A: Heart issuses when I was 6 months old

Q:What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
A: Ability to manipulate time

Q:What do you consider your greatest achievement?
A: Making friends with people

Q:What keeps you awake at night?
A: Thoughts about deadlines

Q:How would you like to be remembered?
A: With a parade and a national holiday

Q;What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
A: Things never stay the same.

There! This has been a very wordy entry. Next time I'll put up some pretty pictures and interesting things.
A Bientot, K xxx

3 comments:

  1. I loved your wordy entry! :)
    What a great idea for letting us know about you.
    Rocky Horror, Flight of The Concords and Tom Minchin - Love all of these things. I'm very new to the crazy songs and antic of Tim and those two but my love of Rocky Horror stemmed when I was 12 years old. I am a sucker for musicals.

    Can't wait to read more about your adventures!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I wanted to comment you, and I wanted you to watch this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCwLOqsnyo4

    "What has been your biggest disappointment?"

    OHHHH GOD THE PAIN of it all. I keep checking your blog back every day to see if you've updated :)

    Keep up the good work (shh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Guys thanks for the comments, it's very encouraging! And Ebony, I have heard great things about you from Claire, so I shall be following your blog with keen interest :) xxx

    ReplyDelete